We surprised the kids with a trip to Disney World over Thanksgiving. They thought we were going to Cedar City for Thanksgiving so they didn't think much of all of the suitcases. They were pretty surprised but not jumping up and down like I expected because first we didn't tell them at home which I think was the big mistake. The morining didn't start out ideal because Gage was trying to find his Nintendo DS to take with us and couldn't so he was getting upset because he felt bad since I had rented him two games and bought a new charger for it. I was a little upset because he is always losing things and I am so over it. Anyways, I went upstairs to get something and when I came down they were all already loading into the car and I almost called them back in to tell them the surprise but I thought oh well we'll just tell them at the airport. I really thought it would go better if we told them at home but Blake and a good friend of mine thought it might be cool to tell them at the airport. So I went with that since they were already out in the car. We got to the airport and they were all asking, "Why are we here?", so Blake told them that we thought it would be fun to fly to Cedar City this time. We could of just told them then but we wanted to get their reactions on camera. So anyways, all three of them were bubbly, excited, little balls of energy bouncing around, and each one of them just had to roll their own suitcases around the airport. It was really cute and made me so excited to tell them the real surprise. So when we got to our gate we sat them down and told them that we had another surprise for them. That we weren't really going to Cedar City....We were going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!! They all sat there kind of stunned for a minute. We were totally waiting for some kind of reaction but I think they had to process that we had just told them were going to Cedar City and now were saying Disney World, what?? So they start smiling and getting excited and Gage comes over to me and leans in close and says quietly, "Mom, I'm trying really hard right now not to freak out in front of all these people." with a big smile on his face. I laughed because it was so stinkin' cute but I knew I should of done it at home. That's what I wanted! I wanted to see some freaking out. Eliza came over and just couldn't believe it. She kept asking if I was tricking her. She said, "Are we really going to Disney World? Are you tricking me? Are we going to Disney World or Cedar City?" It was pretty funny and she kept asking multiple times throughout the flight, even when we landed. She finally believed us when we got to Downtown Disney that afternoon. She also gave me a little squeal after the first time that I told her yes that we were really going to Disney World and would get to see the Princesses. I loved it. Max was pretty mellow about it, but then again, that's just Max. He is one of the most laid back kids I know. When we arrived in Florida, we decided to just go to Downtown Disney for the first day and get some dinner and then go get settled into the hotel. We ate at a new restaurant called T-Rex. Not your traditional Thanksgiving Dinner but a fun place to eat nonetheless! The kids really liked it, they had dinosaurs all over that made noises, an ice cave that changes colors, and meteor showers about every 20 or 30 minutes. We had debated to go there or Rainforest Cafe because we heard a lot of people say that Rainforest Cafe was a fun place to go. Well we ended up going to the Rainforest Cafe on one of our last days and it was unanimous that we all liked T-Rex a lot better. Here's a few pics of us on the plane and at the T-Rex restaurant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time. How does Disney World compare to Disney Land???
What an action packed trip! Sounds like fun.
Post a Comment