Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ogden Treehouse

Early in November I went with Max on his fieldtrip to the Ogden Treehouse. It was a neat place for kids, he had a great time. He pretended to eat sushi, ran around in a big tree, played on a huge chess set, taught a class and watched some of his classmates participate in a play and more. Max doesn't like to be in the public spotlight and even with my coaxing chose not to volunteer for a part in the play. I had worked the night before and came home and Max said to me "aren't you going on my fieldtrip?" Well I had not heard anything from his teacher about me being able to go (they usually only choose a few mom's to go) but he seemed like he really wanted me to, so I got dressed and went with him to his classroom. The teacher was not planning on my attending but was very nice and let me tag along anyways. Thanks Mrs. Bigler! She is probably the cutest teacher any of my kids have had so far. Anyways, I am so glad that I decided to forgo sleep and go with Max. I love spending time with him and I love to see how excited he gets to have his mom there with him. I think it makes him feel special since not all of the kids have their moms with them. Whatever it is that makes that sweet boy smile by having me there with him is worth giving up any amount of sleep for!

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Me said...

Wow, I missed alot. And you went private like a month ago-I just assumed you weren't updating much because of the busyness of the holidays.

The Tree house looks fun, and so did the dunes. I'm still waiting to hear more of your big trip too.

I can't wait for Sat either. It will be a blast. I'm trying to talk Trae into coming though-he wants to go to his Jr. Jazz game.