Last Saturday we went to the Ogden Christmas Village. We had never been there before but wanted to do something different as far as seeing Christmas lights. They had lights in the trees, bushes and on the ground and also had some lighted images. They also had tons of mini cottages filled with different scenes using dolls. We walked around and looked at all of them while sipping on hot cocoa. It was fun. When we got in the car the kids all said, "Thanks mom, that was fun." So we enjoyed ourselves, had some good family time, and to top it all off - it was free! Can't beat that!
After the Ogden Christmas Village we came home and made gingerbread houses. I learned from last year that having just one house doesn't make for a peaceful activity, so this year we had two. The boys shared one and Blake and Eliza made the other. I took pictures and helped a little on each of the houses. Max was the last one at the table decorating his house. He wanted to use every single piece of candy, and he did too! Eliza ended up sad and crying because Blake accidentally cracked her roof trying to get it back into place after it slid down a little. Aside from that little drama it was a really fun night!
A few days before we also bought a Christmas Tree. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the choosing or decorating of it because after all of the Disney World pictures my camera battery just couldn't take any more and I hadn't recharged it yet. It turned out nice though and the house smells even better. I love getting real trees, except for the cleaning up of the pine needles!
The gingerbread house on the second row is Gage and Max's and the one on the bottom is Blake and Eliza's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment