Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1st Day of School

Yesterday was the kids first day of school. They are at a new school this year, Southwest Elementary. School starts early here, 8 am, so I was worried they would all be grumpy when we woke them up, but they woke up easily. Blake took them to school for their first day, but today they wanted to try the bus and they liked it so I guess they will be riding the bus from now on. The boys only complaint about their first day of school is that they didn't get lockers. They were soooo looking forward to having lockers, but I guess their grades don't get them. My only complaint was that I didn't get to take them to their first day of school because I too had to go to school, but it did give Blake the opportunity to experience first day fun!



Eliza wanted Blake to take all kinds of pictures of her. She asked for one of her by herself, one of the monkey on her backpack and some of her by her locker.



Today is Gage's birthday so Blake surprised Gage and took donuts to school at lunchtime for his class. Gage told Blake, "Dad don't do this, I'm too old for donuts at school" so Blake decided to ask Gage's class. He said to the class, "Gage thinks you guys are too old for donuts,is that true?" They all started yelling for donuts, so I guess that means they're not. Gage didn't seem to mind in the end. Where is my little boy going??? He's getting too big! I guess he couldn't stay my little guy forever!



1 comment:

McDougald Family said...

Sounds like an awesome school. This is just one more reminder how far behind Utah schools are.