Thursday, August 20, 2009

Updates...

Last night was open house at the kid's new school. They were able to walk around and see the school and meet their teachers. Eliza has Mr. Vest who we heard from a friend here is amazing and every kindergarten class has an assistant teacher so that is very nice. Max has Mrs. Winters and Gage has Mrs. Vance. They all seemed very nice and I think that they will be good fits for our kids. I found out that on one of their extracurricular days they teach Spanish. I like that, I think it's pretty cool that the school offers this. In North Carolina kindergarten is all day so Lize will even be there all day! What will Blake do with all of his free time???? The only bummers about this school is that it starts early, 8 am, and it only goes to fifth grade. Nothing major, but I know our kids are not going to want to be waking up before 7 am and it will just make things a little more difficult for Blake next year, having to take the kids to two different schools. The kids are really liking it here though. In fact, just a couple of days ago Max and Eliza both asked if we could stay here for a long time.

I started school on Monday, but it doesn't really seem like it yet. This week was basically just orientation. Next week is when all of the fun and learning will begin and when you probably won't see me blogging for awile. I'm going to have to have Blake take over. We'll see how that goes!

Eliza said something I thought was pretty funny today. I was sitting next to her while she was watching a movie on her portable dvd player as she turned to me and said, "Mom see this girl, she is incredibly full of herself and wicked mean." It was funny to hear this come from a little five year old. I don't know where she comes up with these things sometimes.

No comments: