I know what you guys are thinking, that doesn't sound like Jaime at all! When it comes to my kids I really do love the simple things though (if were not talking clothes of course!). The other day I was reading a book to Max and as I came to a part that said quack, just to be silly, I turned to him and said QUACK, kind of loud. Well he just thought that was the funniest thing! We sat there and laughed and laughed about it together for several minutes and he kept repeating it over and over. Max is so adorable and has such a contagious laugh, I love it! So for days he kept saying, "Hey mom, remember QUACK?". We would laugh about it all over again! There are several times that I can recall of Max's "Hey mom remember this" special moments with him. Whenever he finds something that I do is funny he asks me that very question with the most adorable smile on his face over and over. Just picturing it in my head is bringing a smile to my face. I could not love him and his sweet nature any more if I tried!
Gage's special moments are usually at night right before bed when we are laying on his bed together reading a book or scriptures and saying prayers. He is so faithful in saying his prayers and really puts thought into them. He doesn't just repeat the same prayer every night, he tailors it to what is going on around us. I love his sweet spirit and his faith in Jesus Christ. I love the time I get to spend with Gage right before bed because this is when we also have some of our best laughs but also when Gage feels the most comfortable in opening up to me about something that is important to him or bothering him. I love Gage so dearly and feel that this time together is especially important as he is nearing his teenage years. I always want him to feel as comfortable as he does now in opening up to me and sharing his life with me.
Eliza has mommy time - ALL the time. This girl does not like to share her mommy! She makes Blake nauseated with all of the lovin' she gives to her mommy but in all honesty, he is just jealous! I have to admit she does get a little cheesy at times but it works, I eat it up! She will say things like, "I just love you so much" as she is stroking my cheek or she'll call me names like her darling or sweetheart. I get an abundance of kisses from her all the time where she is very stingy with them with everyone else. I love it and want to treasure every moment of cuddle time that she allows me to have with her. I fear that someday she will become a daddy's girl and want nothing to do with me so I'll soak it up now while I can. I love her dearly and hope that we will always have a very special mother-daughter bond like we do now.
All of these memories just makes me think that it is simple times like this, of just being together that my kids love and will remember, probably for the rest of their lives, as some of their favorite moments. It didn't cost me anything, we weren't sitting in a dark theater not interacting with each other, there weren't any whines or complaints of buy me this or that. It is just simply being together that matters most and together forever is where I want to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
hey lady,
I'm suppose to be having a light, simple break at the end of the day, not a heart wrenching cry...
Thanks for the insight. I am hard to slooooow down, smile more, laugh more, and bake cookies more.
My girls drive me crazy, but will be gone before I blink...
Thanks for the reminder that
they are really never gone forever.
Hi there,
fun last night right? Your comments so make me smile and giggle. You are a funny lady. Didn't you know that I have a shop in my garage with all the needed things to craft all night long? This part is true, but it is more a storage unit than a craft place. I actually made these ridiculously simple blocks at Heartland. They are even harder to come by. Heartland sold over 200 block sets, and have none avaliable. Have your husband cut a 2X4 long with enough blocks to spell what you would like, paint, modge podge, and embelish and whala! You have blocks that say whatever you would like! PIece o cake~ Talk to you soon! Thanks again for your fun comments, I so look forward to them.
Traci Good luck tonight!
Hey Jaime,
Looks like you have had a fun month too. Your trip is coming up isn't it??? How fun. We'll have to go to lunch sometime and catch up. It's been a while.
Post a Comment