Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Pioneer Day!

Our new ward had a Pioneer Day party this past Saturday. The kids made hats when we first got there and then we went on a mini pioneer trek. We learned about where the pioneers were headed and some of the conditions they had to endure. Then the kids played some games that the pioneer children played and later we had dinner. For dinner the email invitation said that we would be having BBQ. We learned that here in North Carolina when they say BBQ it doesn't mean hamburgers and hot dogs (that's a cook out), it means shredded BBQ'd pork. It was really good, but not necessarily what we were expecting. Now we know for next time.

This is about the only picture I got of Max. He wasn't in the mood to be social or to play games. You can tell in this picture that he wasn't even in the mood to take a picture. That hardly ever happens!!
Eliza insisted on wearing all of this jewelry. I asked her to take some off, but she thought she looked better with all of it on,
Gage with some of his new friends.
On the mini trek....


Eliza with her new friends Taylor and Alyssa.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

My goodness, you look like you are having the time of your lives. I'm so happy for you. I hope you love school. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. We love you.