Monday, May 25, 2009

Eliza's Preschool Graduation

On May 21st Eliza had her preschool graduation ceremony. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there because I was on a trip to NYC with my two best friends Heather and Tiffany. We had scheduled the trip back in February and at the time I didn't know when the graduation was. I was so devastated to find out that it was during my trip that I even called her teachers to find out if they could change the date (no I don't think the world revolves around me, but I would try anything not to miss my sweet girl's graduation!) but it wasn't a possibility. The library where they were holding it was completely booked the following week. I told Eliza the bad news and she didn't seem to mind to much as long as her daddy was going to be there. I left the camera with Blake, rather than taking it on my trip, so that he could take plenty of pictures for me. He probably didn't take as many as I would have, but he did a pretty darn good job. I must say that he did good job of getting her ready too. I left for NYC the night before the graduation so before I left we got out the dress that Eliza wanted to wear (her Easter dress of course! She wears it all the time because she feels fancy in it.), picked out a bow for her hair, some jewelry, and painted her nails. I was at least thankful that I got to be a part of her getting ready, it was fun mommy daughter time. Eliza looked very cute and happy in the pictures. When I got home she was very excited to show me her certificate and her cap that she wore during the graduation ceremony. I hope that I never have to miss another big event like that again!!







When I got home they had this sweet Welcome Home sign that they had made for me hanging up. So cute of my sweet family!

No comments: