
For Valentine's Day Blake and his friend Colby planned a surprise trip to the Homestead for me and Colby's wife Kelli. We had no idea where we were going and we didn't even know that we were staying overnight until just before we left, they packed our bags and everything. It was very sweet and very fun. We went cross country skiing, which I had never done before and I also hadn't been on any type of skis since before Max was born. I was feeling quite rusty, but ended up doing just fine. While we were getting all of our gear rented a Homestead employee asked us if we would mind being taped for the Travel Channel, they were highlighting the hot spring/geyser there for a show called Amazing Pools. We said sure and they taped us skiing and had us say some cheesy lines. It was quite the experience and who knows if we'll make the cut or not for the final show, but it gave us some good times to remember and some funny moments to laugh about. After skiing we went to dinner at the Shady Lady. They had some very interesting entrees on the menu but we all found something to order and everyone liked what they ordered. Then we went back to the Homestead to swim in the geyser, it was very warm and relaxing. We decided we hadn't had enough so we went to see Taken in Park City, and drove through a pretty heavy snow storm to get there. We must of all been seriously craving some popcorn!! The next morning the boys scheduled me a pedicure and Kelli a massage, another surprise. Aren't they the best??? I have the sweetest husband ever! Thanks Blake for a very funfilled surprise mini vacation! I love you!!!







2 comments:
Holy Cow! You figured out the picture posting problem. I am glad you are blogging again. That trip was fun!
Sounds like Blake's a keeper! Makes me homesick for Heber. We lived there for a few years and have spent some good times at Homestead & skiing at Soldier Hollow- what a great trip!
Post a Comment