Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Eliza's 1st day of preschool...

So today was Eliza's 1st day of preschool (but her 2nd year). Her school is called My School. There are two teachers - Miss Nanette and Miss Kathy. She goes with her very best friend Lucy Bleu so she loves it. She couldn't wait for school to start! She kept asking me, "is it time to go yet." Last night I guess she was also pretty funny about starting school too (I worked, so Blake told me all of this). She told him, "you need to give me a bath, I can't go stinky to my first day of school." (like the girl has ever been stinky in her life!) He said, "we'll do it in the morning" and she said, "No, I can't be late for my first day of school." I hope she stays this enthusiastic about school! I took her and Lucy to school this morning and as we got there she kept reminding me that I needed to write a check to pay for school, she was so concerned with it! We finally got that out of the way and I gave her a hug and kiss and she said come on mom so I told her that I didn't get to stay and she said you're leaving? I said yes and then all of a sudden she was off!! Not a second thought, no qualms, just ran off! Luckily I had already gotten my hug and kiss so I just called out to her that Lucy's mom would be picking her up, she gave me half a glance to acknowledge it and off she went. I don't know why I ever expected anything different, this is all coming from a little girl who asks me every day either what are we doing today or can I play with a friend. She is definitely not a homebody! The other day she threw a fit because she asked me the usual what are we doing today question and I told her we were staying home. She begged me to go do something and the conversation went something like this:


Eliza: Can't we go to a movie?

Me: No, not today.

Eliza: Can we go to Cherry Hill?

Me: No Eliza, we are staying home today.

Eliza: (now crying) Can't we even go shopping or anything?


You had to see her face and actions to appreciate the whole conversation but it is so dramatic and pathetic at the same time it is funny! I had to try not to laugh at her because that just makes her get crazier! All I know is the girl hates to stay home!


Anyways, I would much rather have her enjoy going to school and run off without a second thought about me than than have her crying, scared and refusing to let me leave her. She is definitely a confident, independent, fun loving girl and it helped her to have a great first day back.



Eliza was acting silly and trying to make silly faces as I was trying to get a nice first day of school picture. See can you tell she looks nervous, NOT!




Eliza and Lucy

7 comments:

Deborah said...

What a cutie! I'm glad she didn't have to be stinky on her first day of school. ;)

Kristi said...

How did she grow up so fast. She looks beautiful, in a girly, not baby way. I love that she is such a mover and shaker. Maybe one day she might even be able to keep up with her mama. Thanks for the great story. I'm so excited to hear more about it.

Kristi said...

btw, love the do.. don't you love the great ideas on Girl Do's. If you send her Liza's cute hair pics. she might post them on her site. Liza's so cute!

Kristi said...

J,
try the girl hair blog It's a Girl Thing. http://cute2tryhairdos.blogspot.com/
it's the best one I've seen so far.

Me said...

She is so cute. I love her hair. And I can't believe the things she was saying either. How fun!

Thanks for coming sat. I had a good time with you.

Kelli said...

she is so cute! I love the can't be stinky on her first day comment. I hear Blake got a new bike. Harley Davidson? Cool. What do you think about him riding a bike around?

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh how cute!!! I love her hair!