I'm going to put a little disclaimer in here and just say that this is probably the longest post I've ever done, but....we had an amazing time on the cruise and I took a TON of pics and rather than choosing just a few to post, I'm posting a ton because it makes it a lot easier on me later when I print out my blog book. : )
So the day after we met Keith and Bobbie in Charlotte and had a fabulous time there, we drove to Charleston, SC to board the Carnival cruise ship for our trip to the Bahamas. None of us had been there before and Blake and the kids and I had never even been on a cruise before, so we were super excited.
As soon as we got on the ship, we went to eat. That's what you do on a cruise ship, right??!! So we headed there first.
So the day after we met Keith and Bobbie in Charlotte and had a fabulous time there, we drove to Charleston, SC to board the Carnival cruise ship for our trip to the Bahamas. None of us had been there before and Blake and the kids and I had never even been on a cruise before, so we were super excited.
As soon as we got on the ship, we went to eat. That's what you do on a cruise ship, right??!! So we headed there first.

After filling up, the kids suited up and headed for the pool. Gage couldn't wait to try out the water slides. Max was content to just sit and relax for awhile and Lize wanted to be in about 5 places at once.






Gage and Lize even got in on the dancing action!!


While we sitting pool side, this girl came up and asked if she could interview Max and Eliza. The both agreed to it and so she asked them questions about what they wanted to do while on the ship and if they were excited. She asked if they knew that there was free ice cream and they said yes. So she then asked Max how many he was going to eat during the trip. Blake whispered 50, and Max said yeah, what he said. They all cracked up about it. Well this apparently got Max to thinking and he was determined to make the goal of 50 - and he sure did!! So you're probably thinking what amazing parents we are, letting our son have 50 ice cream cones in 5 days!! Hey we were on a cruise, doesn't happen every day right?!



They showed this clip on the cruise ship channel over and over and over and the kids never got tired of seeing themselves on t.v. It was very cute.
Dinner time! We ate up at dinner. Several of us even ordered two meals a couple of times because we just couldn't decide. We had the best waitress, she was so nice and so great with the kids. The first night on the ship, I had to skip out on dinner because I go SOOO sea sick! Ugh, I'm not a person that gets easily nauseated, but I just couldn't get over the nausea that first night - I didn't eat dinner at all!
Notice Gage is missing from all of these pictures....our little social guy opted to have dinner with his new friends he met at Camp Carnival and ditch us. Max and Lize wanted nothing to do with Camp Carnival the entire trip, but Gage was all about it. He was there everyday.

Max and Lize dancing together.



Cracking up at herself while doing the dance to YMCA.
Getting ready to go on a glass bottom boat tour in Freeport.
Love this picture of the guys, wish Gage was in it!!


Blake and the boys went out snorkeling in Freeport while the rest of us went shopping. Max came back with this gigantic shell!!
Back on the ship, Lize being cute with her snorkel.
Getting off the ship in Nassau.
We shopped around for awhile. Just a word to the wise, do not buy pirated copies of brand new movies! Duh, right?! Well we bought some and needless to say ~ they were not of good quality! Haha ~ that was an obvious one, I don't know what we were thinking!

Testing out the local soda ~ Goombay Punch. We gave it a thumbs up.
After shopping we found a beach and went snorkeling.

The kids each found a starfish, what a cool find!








2 comments:
Love it! What a GREAT trip :)
How fun for you guys to be able to go on a cruise. Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm glad you got to escape school for a few days and go. Hope you guys are well.
Post a Comment