Tati, Eliza, Ava, Anna, Clara, Elie
We were so lucky that Grandpa Keith and Grandma Bobbie could make it so we could see them one last time before we left for North Carolina. They are amazing Grandparents ~ we adore them!
Eliza LOVES Grandma Bobbie sooo much. She talks about her all the time and will miss her so much. She's running over to greet her and help her down the stairs ~ how sweet!
Opening presents....

Isn't she darling??? I just love this girl soooo much!!
Look at her big ol' eyes eyeing her new DS!
Giving Riley a BIG thank you hug for the DS. These two sweet cousins love each other sooo much. Eliza couldn't wait for Riley's visit to Utah this summer. They've been playing like crazy!
I LOVE those big cheeks!
Eliza taking a big whack at the pinata.


A sweet group of girly hugs!
Daddies and daughters ~ Blake and Eliza with his brothers David and Mike, and their daughters Tati and Riley.
After the party was over and friends had gone home, Blake's family decided to stay a little longer to swim some more and just hang out with us. Everything was going great and then Blake came in holding Eliza who was screaming with blood running from her mouth. She had fallen and hit her mouth on one of the deck stairs. I took her over to the sink to rinse her mouth and take a look at what had happened. She had dug her teeth into the inside of her bottom lip. She had a scrape on her chin so I started to look at that and noticed she also had a small laceration on the outside of her lip just above her chin. I told Blake we should go to the ER just in case she might need stitches. I didn't want her to end up with a nasty scar on her sweet, little chin and I wasn't sure if she had bitten through her lip or not. Eliza was such a brave girl about going to the hospital. I got us in the car and held her the whole way there, (we were buckled up together, I'm not totally irresponsible.) she was so sad and just wanted to be held by her mommy. I couldn't say no. The ER got us in really quickly and it was decided that she would be okay with just some Dermabond (that was really expensive super glue - $130!). I probably could have done this at home myself, but you never can be too sure and it was worth knowing that she wouldn't end up with an ugly scar on her face. The ER nurse tried to give Lize a popsicle on the way out, but she didn't want it so we bought her an ICEE on the way home - she never says no to those. I was so proud of Eliza, she was so brave and never cried once after we left the house, she just wanted to be cuddled by her mommy which I was more than happy to do. Here is a pic of her sad, little face after we got home.






No comments:
Post a Comment